I'm back! I'm sure all of you have been basically clawing your eyeballs out with anxiety because I haven't posted in so long, and I'M SO SORRY PLEASE FORGIVE ME! But I've just been super busy and for a while there it seems like everyone (me included) forgot that I have a job, a house, bills to pay, a dog to feed, etc. and was just blogging away. I was spending pretty much every waking hour making drawings on Paintbrush to entertain your fancies when I should have been doing more important things like eating, sleeping, etc. I'm going to try to be better about achieving balance in my life.
So everyone's probably like WELL YOU'VE BEEN GONE FOREVER, TELL US WHERE YOU'VE BEEN AND WHATS NEW!! Ok so SO many things are new in my life (not really at all):
1. I'm trying to get into politics, and now I basically know everything and can run for President in 2012 *possible exaggeration.* BUT I am trying to be better about educating myself about what is going on in the world, and honestly, I'm finding out that even though there are some good things going on, it's mostly just scary and alarming things that I am now having dreams (yes actual dreams) about. I'm not just trying to learn more about politics... just trying to be more worldly in general. My mom and Flash are always like "you need to watch the news you have no idea what's going on in the world blah blah blah" so I've started reading the news, too. Local stories about things that happen. AND learning about politics. I have always said I hate politics and everything to do with politics because I was traumatized freshman year (and sophomore year and junior year) of college when I had to live with this horrible girl who was obsessed with politics and CNN and screamed about how everyone else was closed-minded and hated the world, when really, she just hated everything. And ever since then I've been scared of politics and watching the news because I never wanted to turn into a psycho bitch like she was. But it turns out, you CAN watch the news and educate yourself without all that, and instead of blaming everyone else for how sad and scared it makes you, you can just not. So that's what I'm trying.... just not.
^^good, non-scary things^^
But in my recent attempt to start educating myself, there have been some confusing and scary things I've had to overcome along the way.
Exhibit A: Angry Protests
I do not fully understand your message
STILL DON'T FULLY UNDERSTAND
I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR 20 YEARS
Exhibit B: The Newspaper
2. My dog is still insisting he be spoon or fork-fed, so I've been dealing with that.
3. Halloween is right around the corner, and Halloween is my 3rd favorite holiday, so I've been preparing for it (mentally) which takes up a good bit of time/energy.
4. NEW GHOST HUNTERS ON TONIGHT WHERE ONE MEMBER OF THE TAPS TEAM GETS GRABBED BY A GHOST HAND AND IT LEAVES A RED HANDPRINT ON HIS ARM. Been preparing for this one for about 3 weeks now.
4. It's football season. So a lot of my energy has been devoted to loving/adoring/stressing over Clemson football. And in all fairness, I was going to blog yesterday, but then Steve Spurrier went all super professional ape-shit 8 year-old temper-tantrum on that reporter in his press conference, and then Garcia got dismissed from the team, and it was all just too much for a girl to handle. Always entertaining down there at Sakerlina. But in other news, I love Clemson, and it figures that after I graduate, we're winning. But whatever.
5. I've been catching up on Dexter, which, if you watch Dexter, you'll understand is QUITE a task. Dexter is pretty much the best show ever, and I had only watched through season 4, and now season 6 is airing and I haven't seen season 5! So I have been catching up. And can I just be honest for a second? Of course I can, because we're best friends and you wont judge me, internet. I am NOT a fan of Julia Stiles being in this season. I know, I know, Ol' MacDonald has already berated me for this since she is a HUGE Julia fan, but I am just not digging the dynamic. Too much drama, not enough killing.
Also, while we're ranting about Dexter, I also seriously 100% absolutely HATE ghost-dad being in Dexter. I mean, I get it. Harry was an important part to Dexter's backstory. But COME ON. Enough with the ghost-dad appearances. It's like in high school when I used to watch Grey's Anatomy (religiously) and then Denny died, and I was like aww that's sad, but a good story. And then he started making guest appearances and was having ghost sex with people and it was so weird I stopped watching the show. Please get ghost-dad out.
Also, I forgot to mention that if you're not watching Dexter, you're dead to me. Get on my level, go rent season 1, and thank me later. (Skip season 3, it's terrible.)
So that's kind of what I've been up to. I can't promise that I have any super funny and witty posts up my sleeve and coming your way, but I CAN promise I'll be better about posting more regularly.